EnGenius Technologies Introduces the Industry's First Mesh Surveillance System
Dual-Functional System Addresses Installation, Wiring and Management Hurdles for Large Residential and SMB Wi-Fi and Surveillance Needs
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--EnGenius Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of high-performance, versatile networking solutions for the SMB and custom residential markets, today announced the launch of its new Mesh Surveillance System (EWS1025CAM); the first hybrid 11ac managed wireless access point with integrated 2-MP IP surveillance camera, at CEDIA 2016 (Booth #7222).
The Mesh Surveillance System is a space-saving, dual-functional device that reduces installation time and costs with a single installation and cable run via Power-over-Ethernet. The System helps integrators overcome wiring challenges in retrofit applications, and utilizes wireless mesh to optimize connections between multiple EWS1025CAMs.
The System is ideal for providing Wi-Fi and surveillance in entryways, hallways, and to enhance coverage in Wi-Fi dead spots like finished basements. Use the system in residential care facilities; retrofit installs, and locations where wire runs are prohibitive.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Dual-Band 11ac Wireless – Speeds to 867 Mbps on the 5 GHz frequency and rates to 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz support dual-stream surveillance video and heavy-multi-device network traffic without video buffering or interruption of service.
- Mesh Network Capabilities – Extend wireless access to larger areas without additional cable runs to every unit. Employ mesh to add devices quickly, optimize routes between units, and self-heal if a network node goes down.
- Power-over-Ethernet – Power each device with one cable or power injector via 802.3at/af PoE up to 325 feet from the energy source.
- Wide-Angle High-Definition Images – Sony® 1/2.9” 2-MP Progressive Scan CMOS with 120-degree wide-angle P.O.V. captures 1920 x 1080P HD images over broader areas.
- Night Vision – 24-Piece built-in IR-illuminators provide clear images in low light or total darkness to 65 feet.
- Remote Viewing & Notifications – Monitor up to four cameras remotely; instantly record and receive motion or audio-triggered event alerts with included EnViewer™ mobile app.
- Video Management Software – Included 16-channel VMS features: Optional split screen camera views, live monitoring, record video, playback, schedule recording, and quick search.
- Neutron Network Management – Manage up to 50 EWS1025CAMs with Neutron Managed Switches via a built-in wireless controller or use ezMaster™ Centralized Network Management Software to manage more devices locally, remotely or via a cloud-based service with no licensing fees.
The Neutron Mesh Surveillance System will be available November 2016 in North America. Demo pre-orders are available here.