Virtacore Chooses Nimble Storage to Build a Flexible and Efficient Foundation for Cloud Services
Virtacore Helps Accelerate their Customers' Journey to the Cloud and Speed Up Revenue Growth with Nimble Storage.
San Jose, Calif. - Jan 22, 2013 –
Nimble Storage, the leading provider of flash-optimized hybrid storage solutions, today announced that Virtacore Systems, a leading cloud services provider that specializes in virtual infrastructure solutions utilizing VMware, has made the Nimble Storage CS-Series a core element of their cloud infrastructure framework.
With over 12 years of experience in cloud and internet services, Virtacore has a long history of providing public and private cloud solutions to meet the needs of clients at the mid-market and enterprise levels. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Salt Lake City and Ashburn, as well as facilities in Virginia, Illinois and California, Virtacore maintains a strong presence in the US and serves clients across the globe.
Demand for Virtacore’s cloud services has been growing rapidly. Virtacore was seeking a new solution that would provide faster deployment and better scalability for its popular suite of cloud offerings. The Nimble Storage scale-to-fit architecture enabled Virtacore to build an efficient, high-performance foundation for delivering Infrastructure as a Service and accelerate their clients' journey to the cloud.
- Leveraging Nimble Storage’s scale-to-fit architecture, Virtacore has decreased customer onboarding times and improved efficiencies in their infrastructure.
- Using the high-performing Nimble Storage CS-Series, Virtacore expanded their Cloud Services offering to include large databases and performance-oriented workloads including Business Intelligence, Oracle and SQL Server based transactional databases—expanding opportunities for growth.
- Nimble Storage’s Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout (CASL™) architecture enabled a 50 percent reduction of Virtacore data footprint without any loss in performance—substantially reducing facility costs and power consumption.
- Nimble Storage and its SmartStack ecosystem of partners offer a complete portfolio for building efficient and scalable enterprise-class cloud services for application development and testing, backup, collaboration, desktop, disaster recovery, infrastructure, messaging, and storage.
- Phill Lawson-Shanks, CTO, Virtacore:
“…the Nimble Storage solution provides all of the performance and operating metrics we demand to maintain our competitive advantage in the exploding cloud services market.”
- Matt Tedder, Engineering Team Leader, Virtacore:
“Despite our best efforts to find weaknesses, the Nimble Storage systems consistently performed above, and far beyond, our expectations.”
- Suresh Vasudevan, CEO, Nimble Storage:
“Nimble Storage is committed to building successful partnerships with the service provider community and helping them succeed. Virtacore is a great use case on how the SmartStack ecosystem delivers highly scalable and efficient to deliver ROI.”