Building on accelerating pre-orders, Christie formally launches 2K versions of Christie RealLaser family with CP2320-RGB and CP2315-RGB projector models
Smaller-screen theatres benefit from economical RGB laser offerings
CYPRESS, Calif. – (December 4, 2018) –
Christie®, a leader in creating and delivering the world’s best visual and audio experiences, has commenced volume shipments of its Christie CP2320-RGB and CP2315-RGB pure laser projectors, leading up to the CineAsia 2018 convention. Christie is the official projection partner for CineAsia 2018, held at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC), December 10 to 13, 2018.
“These 2K models in the Christie RealLaser™ product portfolio are perfect successors to lamp-and-laser phosphor projectors,” said Dale Miller, Executive Vice President, Cinema, Christie. “This full product launch, with volume production and shipment in effect, complements our highly-successfulChristie CP4325-RGB 4K debut earlier this year. Together, the RealLaser family advances the art and science of cinema exhibition,” Miller concluded.
“By combining 2K resolution, an expanded color gamut, and contrast ratios that far exceed the DCI specification, the CP2315-RGB/CP2320-RGB keep stride with the enhancements in cinematic content by revealing a whole new depth of detail,” said Brian Claypool, VP, Cinema Product Management, Christie. “Add to those advantages their high frame rate (HFR) capabilities and an extended contrast ratio of 3000:1, and the CP2315-RGB/CP2320-RGB set a new standard for mainstream cinematic exhibition.”
Christie RealLaser™ cinema projectors
- Long-lasting, high-performance light source – Christie RealLaser illumination provides amazing color, extended contrast capabilities and over 30,000 hours of optimal brightness performance
- Impeccable image quality – Expansive color gamut and an extended contrast ratio of 3,000:1 deliver an ultra-realistic presentation quality
- Christie CineLife electronics – Streamlined UX-designed interface for simple playback, scheduling and management of cinema content
- Future-proofed – High Frame Rate capable with 4K 60fps or 2K 120fps performance out-of-the-box, along with an upgrade path for 4K 120fps capabilities
- Compact form factor – Fits seamlessly into existing booths for easy installation
Backwards compatibility – Fully compatible with existing accessories including the Christie Rack Mount Pedestal and existing lenses for additional cost savings.
Featuring CineLife™ electronics and RealLaser™ illumination, these compact, all-in-one DCI-compliant projector excel in image quality and operational lifetime, while providing a low cost of ownership.
Using discrete, dedicated red, green and blue laser modules, Christie RealLaser projectors offer solid state illumination for cinema exhibition, providing a much increased color palette, approaching Rec. 2020, along with over 30,000 hours of theatre operation. It is the only laser technology to offer brightness levels above DCI standards throughout its natural life.